Sunday, February 7, 2010

Answers and Updates

I think I've been asked three times how many American students are here in Grenoble, so I'll venture an answer. I have to say that I don't know. There are four or five groups within API, so I'd imagine that there are 40-50 American students in Grenoble with API. However, there are other groups from the states who don't have anything to do with API. There's also a large population of Chinese and a fairly large population of Korean students, plus a few European and South American students. We take up an entire college within the university, so there are a lot of us!

My classes are going well. It's interesting to be in a class that's not entirely focused on grammar - I am at a level that I've learned pretty much all of the rules, now I just need to practice using them, and in better stylistic ways. Between Samira (my French prof), Paul (prof from the states), and my literature class, I've been keeping busy outside of class as well.

Paul will be leaving next Saturday - the same day I leave for Amiens. He's hosting his own Diner d'Adieu this Thursday. He's really using his departure as an excuse to take us out to a fancy resaurant for lunch. Victor will arrive in March, so we'll be a few weeks without an SU prof. However, Paul has promised to continue assigning reading and essays, even after he's left - thanks Paul! His class won't have officially ended, so he can actually do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment