We detoured to Londinieres, so I could see Juliette's childhood house. My parents spent some time there last summer. Since it's winter right now, the house is closed up and dark, and the garden is rather sparse. But now I have a better idea of what Mom and Dad's pictures represent. Anne also took the opportunity to stop at her favorite butcher to buy some quality meat!
The drive was very relaxing: the sun was coming through the windows, there was classical music on the radio, and the countryside was rolling by outside the windows. At least, on the way there. On the way home, it was dark outside, and we took the autoroute (comparable to a freeway) which is faster as it bypasses all the small towns, but not as scenic.
To celebrate Mardis Gras, we made waffles last night (we decided that we'd had enough crepes for a while) and had cider. The first few waffles were failures, but everything tasted fine, and we all had a good laugh or two!

I'm soooo jealous, but also so glad that you can see these wonderful places. Did you go to the church near the Joan of Arc monument?
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Mom
Juiette says no. We were their later in the afternoon, so things were starting to close.
ReplyDeleteAnne has told me repeatedly that I need to come back in the summertime - maybe I'll have some time between the end of the Moracco trip and my flight home to Seattle.