I just finished my last French exam this afternoon! The last five (school) days I sat a total of 8 tests: University and National language proficiency exams, plus finals for History of French Art, Vocabulary, Contemporary French Literature, and Twentieth Century French History.
I decided, for the National Exam, to take the next level down (B1) from where I was placed - the logic being that it's 50 Euros less expensive, and I'm not sure I could pass at the next level I've been taking classes (B2), mostly because of a 10 minute oral presentation, for which you are given 10 minutes to prepare from a short text, and upon which you are subsequently questioned for 10 minutes. Comparatively, the B1 oral was a cakewalk: I'm sure I passed! In fact, now that I'm on the other side, I probably could have passed the B2, but it's still more expensive...
So, now that I've finished all of my exams, my semester in France is officially over, BUT, the quarter (Seattle University time) is not yet over. SO, we have Victor's travel study class - boohoo! While I do have an enormously thick packet I need to start working through - should have already started working through actually - we'll be talking the actual class in Morocco. We leave the 22 of May. I'm terribly excited! But I plan on relaxing, reading some French BDs (comics books), and watching the French film series of "Les Miserables."
Life is good without stress...

Congrats on finishing your finals! And it's very exciting that you are going to Morocco (I keep wanting to type "Monaco" but that's wrong..).
ReplyDeleteWay to go Abby! Now for the next part of this wonderful adventure of yours! Bon voyage!
ReplyDelete