The weather has gotten a bit better in order to see us off nicely. Yesterday was gorgeous! I met up with Christian and we hiked up to the top of the Bastille for a picnic lunch. It was a good hike - translation, I'm a bit sore today!
Last night was our end of the program diner with API. We all met up at "Les dix vins" (The ten wines in English, but it sounds way better in French). Marie and Sarah from API were there to celebrate, but not Anna. She's on maternity leave (which is the reason for Sarah's job with API) and as a matter of fact just had here baby girl last Friday! Victor was there as well, and Paul will return on Friday to come with us to Morocco. Three students were missing, as they are taking advantage of exam free days by spending some time Nice - aka the Mediterranean.
I'm about halfway through the massive packet Victor gave us to read. Some information on Morocco, and a lot of poetry and introductions to the poets. We are going to meet all three of the poets we are currently reading.
Right now I'm kind of in an in-between mood. I know I want to go to Morocco, and I know that once I get there it is going to be amazing. However, at the same time I'm rather exhausted: I have just spent 5 months in France, culminating with 5 days of exams, topped off with trying to work out registration for Seattle U for Spring Quarter - it has been more complicated than it should me, plus I'm in a different time zone and can't knock down peoples' doors. At least I've got pretty much everything organized here. I think I'm going to have everything packed and ready without any real last minute crazed rush, which is rather impressive for me.
By the way, while I'm in Morocco, I really doubt that I'll have time to or the option of using the internet. Therefore no new posts, no uploading of photos. However, I should have time once I get to Amiens, and if not, I will really, really, really try my hardest to post stuff before my life in the states picks up again... Really, I'll try!

No comments:
Post a Comment