Sunday, January 17, 2010

Musee Dauphinois

I'm uploading new photos to Snapfish (link on the left) for those who are interested.

The snow, well slush for the past week, is finally starting to diminish! The sun has been coming in and out this afternoon, even though it was raining this morning as we headed to mass. I can actually see bits of blue sky right now!

Yesterday we went to the Musee Dauphinois, a former cloister which was turned into a museum for the Grenoble Olympics, after previously being turned into a military station as well as immigrant housing.

Mini lesson of the day:
dauphinois = from the Dauphine region of France (where I am right now); having to do with the dauphin (literally translated as dolphin, but referring to the heir apparent of France - way back when there was a monarchy!)

Well, my placement exam is tomorrow, so I'm going to get back to studying. Oh, irregular verbs...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Abby,

    When you get a chance, how about posting some photos of your host family for us to "meet" them with?
    It sounds like you are adjusting nicely, and hope you are doing well on your placement test today! We know you will do your best, and are confident that means placement in the proper classes for you!

    We all look forward to your continued blog entries!

    Love,
    Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on the family photos. I have to both remember to do it, and find a time when it's not super awkward!

    ReplyDelete